The 2018 International Workshop on Bionic Engineering (IWBE2018) organized by the ISBE will jointly be held with the Annual meeting of Israel Biomimicry Organization (IBO) in June 13-15, 2018 at Tel-Aviv University, Israel. The Joint International Conference-ISBE-IBO will be sponsored by the biomimicry laboratory of Tel Aviv University and the Learning from Nature laboratory of Technion.
The lectures and attendees in the conference will present and discuss new knowledge in biomimetics and bionic engineering. The conference will focus on the following topics.
- Biomimetic surfaces
- Biomimetic materials
- Machinery biomimetics
- Bionic fluid
- Sensors and signal processing
- Robotics, motion systems and artificial intelligence
- Energy systems
- Sustainable biomimetic innovations
- Biomimetic design methodologies
- Industrial applications in biomimetics: products and technologies
The deadline for abstracts have been extended. Abstracts can be submitted to the conference secretariaties at Yael@biomimicry.org.il until 1 February, 2018.
Please indicate title, author(s), affiliations(s), abstract, keywords and contact email in the document.
- Abstract submission: 1 Feb 2018
- Notification of accepted abstracts: 15 Feb 2018
- Full paper submission: 15 Mar 2018
- Notification of accepted full papers: 15 Apr 2018
- Early bird Registration deadline: 20 Apr 2018
Local Organizing Committee:
Prof. Yoram Reich (Chair)
Prof. Daniel Weihs
Dr. Yael Helfman Cohen
Dr. Daphne Haim Langford
For more information please refer to the the website International Society of Bionic Engineering .