ISTVS member Paul Ayers has shared a position at John Deere that will be of interest to our members:
As a Dynamic Systems Modeling Engineer for the John Deere Construction & Forestry division, located in Dubuque, IA, you will support Dynamic Systems Modeling (DSM) and analysis as it pertains to whole machine configurations. You will support product design and development through the creation, refinement, and execution of system models throughout the product design life cycle. In addition you will:
• Support the Critical Component Delivery Process (CCDP) and Technology Delivery Process (TDP) where innovation for products and subsystems drives future product development programs.
• Provide direct design support to one product line and additional support to other product lines as needed
• Lead in the development of measurable dynamic performance specifications using simulation and other engineering analysis methods
• Work with design teams to develop virtual simulation models that can be used to verify designs analytically
• Develop dynamic system analysis plans for specific product development programs
• Prepare and document results in the Deere reporting system
• Document processes that can be used to continually improve our ability to analytically develop and verify our product designs
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
• Demonstrated fundamental knowledge in physics and mathematics, and a basic knowledge in controls, hydraulics, powertrain, and/or structural linkages.
• Experience with Matlab, Simulink, SimHydraulics, SimMechanics, and/or Discrete Element Modeling (DEM).
• 2 or more years of engineering experience
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Dynamic Systems Modeling Engineer - 37126