We are pleased to share an upcoming opportunity for an online tire mechanics/vehicle dynamics course offered by our colleagues at Virgnina Tech:
There have been several requests for the online Tire Mechanics-Vehicle Dynamics short course to be offered again in 2019. In order to accommodate those interested, we plan on offering the course starting on October 21 (see link below). To help the early birds, a 20% discount is offered through August which will reduce to 10% for September and 0% in October. So, register early and take advantage of this discount.
In case you need a certificate, the Continuing and Professional Education Office at VT can provide a digital certificate for the 24 hours participation in this course.
Here is the link: https://register.cpe.vt.edu/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=1876648
Hope to see you in the course.
Professor and Director
Center for Tire Research (CenTiRe)
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Virginia Tech MC-0710
100C Randolph Hall
Blacksburg, VA 24060
The Center for Tire Research (CenTiRe) of Department of Mechanical Engineering at Virginia Tech is offering a short online course for the Tire-Vehicle Dynamics. The course commences on October 21, 2019, and the registration deadline will be October 14, 2019. The live lectures will run online for 12 days (daily two hours) starting at 8 am and ending at 10 am Eastern Standard Time.
Topics covered under the course will be Tire Force and Moment Generation Mechanisms and Handle Performance Analysis, Footprint Mechanics, Finite Element Modeling of Tires, Rolling Resistance, Tire Materials and Ride Dynamics.
People who have completed a Bachelor Degree in engineering, science, mathematics or similar course can apply.
- Gain an understanding of the tire force and moment generation mechanisms, tire modeling and how to tune a tire for superior handling performance
- Gain an understanding of the fundamental principles that determine the handling performance of pneumatic-tired vehicles
- Gain an understanding of the fundamental principles that determine the ride performance of pneumatic-tired vehicles
- Gain an understanding of the tire footprint mechanics
- Gain an understanding of the tire rolling resistance and fuel economy properties
- Gain an understanding of how to model the tire using Finite Element